- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new video teasing Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them goes beyond Eddie Redmayne’s Newt Scamander to introduce the other protagonists of the forthcoming Harry Potter spin-off, which boasts the first movie script by Potter creator J.K. Rowling.
The video, which premiered at Universal Orlando’s A Celebration of Harry Potter over the weekend, reveals that Scamander, the wizard who travels the world cataloguing magical creatures, works with three other characters when he arrives in 1920s New York: sisters Tina and Queenie Goldstein, and Jacob Kowalski, a muggle — or no-maj, as non-magical humans are called in the new movie.
The two sisters, both magicians, “raised each other, and they have a very deep bond,” according to Alison Sudol, who plays Queenie. Jacob, meanwhile, is “back from the war, and he’s trying to get his life together and open up a bakery,” says Dan Fogler, who plays the character. “He just happens into this very magical situation.”
“All four central characters are outsiders,” producer David Heyman explains. “Part of the journey of this, for each of them, is coming into themselves.”
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is released Nov. 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day