- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At this year’s Fantastic Fest, the unique event Fantastic Debates will feature Keanu Reeves and boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Fantastic Debates features Alamo CEO and Fantastic Fest co-founder Tim League sparring in a verbal debate followed by a round of boxing.
Reeves will participate in the event after the screening of his directorial debut Man of Tai Chi, which will screen on Saturday, Sept. 21. He will spar in a formal debate with League before boxing martial arts artist Tiger Hu Chen takes on League in the ring. The event begins at midnight.
The topic of debate will be: “Resolved: Tai Chi is a martial art relegated to elderly Chinese women and is inferior in every way to Tae Kwon Do.”
In previous years, League has debated/fought Michelle Rodriguez and there has also been a Hobbit fight between Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan.
Man of Tai Chi chronicles the life of a young martial artist who becomes a part of an underground fight club. Reeves also stars in the film, which will be released in North America by Radius-TWC, The Weinstein Company’s boutique label.
Fantastic Fest runs Sept. 19-26 at the Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures