- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indonesian actor and martial artist Joe Taslim has joined the cast of Star Trek Beyond.
The movie, the third installment of the rebooted sci-fi franchise, is currently in production in Vancouver and reunited the main cast including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho.
Idris Elba and Sofia Boutella are the new additions.
Details on Taslim’s role are being kept underground but sources say it is a key part opposite Elba, who plays a villain.
Justin Lin is directing the movie that has a July 8, 2016 release date.
Taslim was discovered by director Gareth Evans and co-starred with Iko Uwais in the director’s 2011’s cult action movie, The Raid, in which he played a police officer.
Taslim, who is repped by ICM Partners, worked with Lin when he played a bad guy in the director’s Fast & Furious 6.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day