- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s “vehicular warfare” in the Super Bowl spot for Fast & Furious 6.
With Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian’s (Paul Walker) crew flush with $100 million but unable to return home after a heist portrayed in the previous film, they are presented with an opportunity for redemption.
Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs) asks Dom to put together a team to stop a group of ruthless mercenary drivers — with payment for a job well done being a full pardon.
But those details don’t really matter for the 60-second spot, which is likely the most action-packed of this year’s Big Game ads. Cars emerge from exploding planes and push the limits of physics — even by Fast & Furious standards.
Samuel L. Jackson, for one, seems excited about the film, even if he was initially confused about which edition of the series this was.
The film stars Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky, Luke Evans and Gina Carano
The Universal Pictures film hits theaters May 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day