- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fast & Furious will hit theaters a week earlier than previously planned.
Universal Pictures announced today that the racing movie, most recently set for release April 10, 2015, will now open April 3, 2015.
The studio is planning a worldwide day-and-date opening for the movie and decided that opening a week earlier allowed it to book more international playdates.
The latest installment in the series stars Vin Diesel, the late Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson, along with returning actors Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black. Among the new array of action stars featured are Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou, Tony Jaa, Ronda Rousey and Kurt Russell.
James Wan is directing the script by Chris Morgan, and Neal H. Moritz, Diesel and Michael Fottrell are producing.
The film, which began principal photography in September 2013, was originally designed as a summer 2014 release. It was put on hold following the fatal car crash that claimed Walker’s life Nov. 30, 2013. Resuming production this past April, it was then slotted into the April 10, 2015, date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day