- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fast & Furious 9 stuntman Joe Watts is in an induced coma following a major accident during the shoot in the U.K. on Monday.
The accident — described as a “serious head injury” after a major fall — saw the production shut down at Warner Bros.’ Leavesden Studios as paramedics and air ambulances were called.
British press reported that Watts was Vin Diesel’s stunt double, but a source close to production said that this wasn’t true, and that the stunt double had been present during the accident, believed to have happened during a sequence in which Watts leaped from a balcony attached to a safety wire.
The source added that, according to Watts’ fiancee, he was “stable but in an induced coma.”
Watts has a impressive catalog of titles to his name, including Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Jurassic World – Fallen Kingdom, Solo: A Star Wars Story and Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day