- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sung Kang, best known as Han Seoul-Oh in the Fast & Furious franchise, has joined cousins Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell in the sci-fi thriller Code 8.
Kang will play Agent Park, the head of a militarized police unit in the indie directed by Jeff Chan and shooting through mid-July in Toronto. Code 8 is set in a world where 4 percent of the population is born with varying supernatural abilities, but rather than be billionaires or superheroes, most “specials” face discrimination, live in poverty and often resort to crime.
That leaves Connor Reed, played by The Flash star Robbie Amell, as a powerful young man struggling to pay for his ailing mother’s medical treatment. To earn money, he joins a criminal world led by Garrett, played by Arrow star Stephen Amell.
Kari Matchett, Greg Bryk and Aaron Abrams also round out the ensemble cast for Code 8. A 2019 release is planned.
Robbie and Stephen Amell are executive producing along with Lee Kim and Mary Anne Waterhouse. Elevation Pictures will release Code 8 in Canada and XYZ Films is handling foreign sales.??
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day