- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The NSFW red band trailer for Marlon Wayans‘ spoof comedy Fifty Shades of Black is out, complete with reappropriated Fifty Shades of Grey lines, visual gags referencing Kim Kardashian and not-so-sexy moments in elevators, doorways and “playrooms.”
In the spoof, Wayans stars as saucy businessman Mr. Black, who starts dating an Anastasia Steele-esque college reporter, played by Kali Hawk. But not everyone is on board with his adventures in sex, as Black is scolded, “You need to find Jesus, that’s what you can do.”
The parody was written by Wayans and his Haunted House collaborator Rick Alvarez, and is directed by that comedy’s franchise’s helmer Michael Tiddes. The film — which also includes appearances by Mike Epps, Andrew Bachelor, Affion Crockett, Jane Seymour, Fred Willard, Florence Henderson and Jenny Zigrino — triggered a bidding war at Cannes Film Festival.
Open Road will release the comedy on Jan. 29, roughly one year before Universal is scheduled to release its Fifty Shades sequel, Fifty Shades Darker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day