- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Max Martini, who was seen in this summer’s Pacific Rim and plays a SEAL commander in Captain Phillips, has signed to play Christian Grey’s bodyguard in Universal and Focus Features’ Fifty Shades of Grey.
The roll call of the adaptation of E. L. James’ best-selling novel consists of Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, plus Eloise Mumford as Anastasia’ best friend Kate Kavanagh; Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother, Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend, José; and Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother, Carla.
Martini will be playing Jason Taylor, the head of Christian’s security team.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the movie, which is eyeing an early December start.
Martini, repped by ICM Partners, also did a stint on ABC’s Revenge and is part of the cast of NBC’s mid-season thriller, Crisis, which stars Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day