- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eloise Mumford, best known for her work on TV’s The River and Lone Star, has nabbed the role of Kate in Fifty Shades of Grey.
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson are starring as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, in the adaptation of E L James’ best-selling novel that Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing for Universal and Focus Features.
The cast also includes Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother, Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend, José; and Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother, Carla.
Kate Kavanagh is Steele’s best friend and her polar opposite. She is also meant to be drop-dead gorgeous, leaving men panting.
Mumford recently starred as the female lead in ABC pilot Reckless opposite Patrick Fugit and directed by Martin Campbell. She was also in Universal and Blumhouse’s Not Safe for Work, a thriller which will likely bypass a theatrical release and find other distribution avenues.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day