- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Filmcraft: Directing, a new book about the art of directing by Protagonist Pictures CEO Mike Goodridge, has just been published by Focal Press/Ilex.
The book features interviews with sixteen notable directors, including Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven), Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth), Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, United 93), Peter Weir (The Truman Show, Dead Poet’s Society), Terry Gilliam (Brazil), who share their insights and experiences on everything from developing a script to working with the crew to editing.
The anecdotes are lavishly illustrated with photographs, shot-by-shot breakdowns, storyboards, reproduced journal notes and other archival material.
Filmcraft is intended for a wide audience, including fans, film students and industry veterans. The interviews are intended be accessible to ordinary fans but offer detailed insight that will be of use to industry professionals as well.
Author Goodridge assumed the job of CEO of Protagonist Pictures in late May. Previously, he was the editor of Screen International and a long-time film critic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day