- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FilmDistrict has hired former MGM and Paramount exec Jim Orr as president of distribution. Orr will report to FilmDistrict CEO Peter Schlessel.
The hiring comes on the heels of the company bringing on Christine Birch as its marketing president in March.
“We’re really excited to have Jim join the FilmDistrict team,” said Schlessel. “His outstanding relationships with exhibitors, knowledge of the marketplace and years of experience in every aspect of distribution make him the perfect fit for our new team and our slate.”
Most recently president of consulting outfit Steamboat Rock Entertainment, Orr held the positions of executive vp and general sales manager of theatrical distribution and senior vp domestic distribution at MGM and Paramount. He shepherded the releases of Hot Tub Time Machine and Valkyrie in North America while at MGM.
Orr will oversee distribution of upcoming FilmDistrict features Lockout (through Open Road), Safety Not Guaranteed, Looper (with Endgame Entertainment and Sony Pictures), Red Dawn (through Open Road), Playing the Field and Parker, as well as a sequel to Insidious.
The FilmDistrict executive team also includes president of acquisitions and operations Adrian Alperovich and executive vp acquisitions Lia Buman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day