- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FilmDistrict has come aboard to co-finance The Last Word, a paranormal-themed horror movie.
The project originally was picked up by A7SLE Films principals Eric Gores, Peter Facinelli and Rob DeFranco. The trio then partnered with Frank Mancuso Jr. of Boss Media and brought in Ben Ketai to write the script.
Based on true events, Word, according to FilmDistrict, “will focus on the strange and tragic aftermath endured by the participants in the trial of a young man in Texas who was wrongly convicted and executed for the rape and murder of a nun.”
Peter Schlessel and Lia Buman of FilmDistrict join A7SLE and Boss Media principals as producers.
The plan is to get the movie off the ground in the summer for a release in 2014.
Mancuso made a bold promise regarding the film: “ ‘Based on a true story’ has been overused as a marketing ploy; however this film will scorch an indelible imprint on those who see it. The powerful words of this dying man will never be forgotten.”
This is the first feature deal for Ketai, who wrote Chosen, a series on Sony’s digital platform Crackle; and Devil’s Night and 30 Days of Night on FEARNet.
Ketai and A7SLE Films are repped by APA. Boss Media is repped by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day