- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Warner Bros. Pictures is to release Final Destination 5 on Imax 3D screens, the first to be super-sized from the Final Destination franchise.
Final Destination 5 will be rolled out on 223 domestic and international 3D digital screens, day-and-date with the film’s worldwide release on Aug. 12, Imax reported Thursday.
The tentpole is the latest addition to Imax’s 2011 film slate, which underwhelmed in the first half of the year, but has picked up after Transformers 2 performed and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, also from Warner Bros., broke opening weekend box office records.
“Final Destination 5 is an exciting new addition to our 2011 slate and another example of our strong and enduring relationship with Warner Bros. Pictures,” Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day