- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After its debut at San Diego Comic-Con, the final trailer for Fox’s reboot of Fantastic Four has been officially released, showing the team in action — and more important for fans of the Marvel Entertainment series it’s based on, showing a lot more of Doctor Doom (Toby Kebbell), as well.
The new trailer not only establishes that Reed Richards (Miles Teller) has always been a scientist more interested in discovery than safety (“Reed, you’re insane,” a young Ben Grimm [Jamie Bell] tells him after a teleportation experiment gone wrong. “Thanks,” he responds), but that the U.S. military has its own reasons for wanting to bankroll his experiments — and supporting what those experiments bring about.
(It also appears to confirm what many fans have been discussing online lately: this new version of the Thing doesn’t wear any pants. Quite why this is a concern isn’t entirely clear, considering he’s been transformed into a pile of rocks, but there you go.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tokyo Film Festival