- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The final trailer for Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is less concerned with Dane DeHaan’s hero, Valerian, and more focused on all those planets.
Character and set design are both on full display in the teaser, which centers on Alpha, the 28th century metropolis filled with a variety of alien species — all of which live in harmony until an unknown force threatens their carefully crafted society.
Valerian and his partner Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are shown jumping from one biome to the next in pursuit of that mysterious threat.
At last year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Besson said that he was excited for audiences to experience the characters and worlds that were created for the film with the help of his producer (and wife) Virginie Besson-Silla.
Valerian hits theaters July 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jon M. Chu