- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Just because there’s not a war doesn’t mean there’s peace.”
The final trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse reveals two things previously unseen in earlier teasers: Firstly, this time around the X-Men have to save the day without the assistance of Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), who finds himself kidnapped by Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac) and his Four Horsemen. Secondly, the rumors are true: the X-Men will save the day with the assistance of Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), whose claws get a last-second cameo this time out.
The trailer tells some other secrets, as well: Quicksilver (Evan Peters) reveals to Mystique that he’s Magneto’s son, just as the anti-hero (Michael Fassbender) is telling Xavier that his good side is as dead as his children, while Mystique herself (Jennifer Lawrence) discovers just how famous she’s become within the mutant community.
For fans of 1990s X-Men, it should also be noted that Lana Condor’s Jubilee finally makes her trailer debut with this final preview, although the superpowered mall rat sadly isn’t given any lines this time out.
Co-starring Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne, Tye Sheridan, Alexandra Shipp and Sophie Turner, X-Men: Apocalypse is directed by Bryan Singer and will be released in theaters May 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day