- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oscar-winner’s next movie, a slave-revenge epic set in the 1800s, isn’t short on star power, but it eschews big names for the first publicity material. Instead, we’re greeted with a chain with a broken link and the silhouettes of two men standing below. Also noteworthy is the use of Spanish underneath.
Presumably, those two shadows represent Christoph Waltz and Jamie Foxx, who play Dr. King Schultz bounty hunter and freed slave Django, respectively, who head back to a plantation to free Foxx’s on-screen wife Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington. She’s stuck on the plantation owned by the maniacal Calvin Candie, who is played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
The film will also feature Sacha Baron Cohen, Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell; Joseph Gordon-Levitt just dropped out of the film last week. Django Unchained is slated to hit theaters in December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery