- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s been four years since audiences were able to visit the magical world of Harry Potter, but the first trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is here to remind fans that magic and the impossible are all around us — as long as you know where to look.
As promised, the trailer for the 2016 release offers the first chance to visit 1920s New York and meet Eddie Redmayne’s Newt Scamander, a magician on a search for the rare and unusual supernatural creatures of the movie’s title, as well as other newcomers to the Potter-verse, including Katherine Waterston’s Tina and Dan Fogler’s Jacob.
In addition to searching for mythical creatures, Fantastic Beasts tells the story of the American magical community dealing with prejudice in the form of the No-Maj — that’s “no magic,” for those not versed in magic speak — New Salem Philanthropic Society, a sinister group out to kill wizards and witches, led by Mary Lou (Samantha Morton).
The movie, directed by David Yates — who directed the final four Harry Potter movies — marks the screenwriting debut of Potter creator J.K. Rowling and is scheduled for release Nov. 18, 2016.
— Fantastic Beasts (@FantasticBeasts) December 15, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day