- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first clips of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, the much-anticipated conclusion to DreamWorks Animation’s acclaimed trilogy, were unveiled Wednesday at CinemaCo in Las Vegas.
In the 2010 original, a young boy, Hiccup (voiced by Jay Baruchel), saves his Viking village when he befriends a dragon named Toothless. The 2014 sequel saw Hiccup grow to become the leader of his village.
In Hidden World, Hiccup and Toothless again team up, against a new threat, to save their home and free the dragons. Additionally, Toothless meets a love interest, a white Fury (Toothless’ breed of dragon). He also finds what appears to be a luminescent new dragon world.
The brief look at the scene in which Toothless becomes acquainted with the white Fury was very reminiscent of the scene in the 2010 original during which Hiccup and Toothless meet and get to know each other through some very sweet and subtle gestures.
While introducing the footage, DWA president Chris DeFaria reported that this is the first feature made with the studio’s newest and most sophisticated animation toolset.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day