- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two of the biggest monsters in movie history are at odds in the first trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong.
The film from Warner Bros. and Legendary is the culmination of a shared universe of films following Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island (2017) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019).
Along with the trailer, the studios behind the tentpole have released more information about the plot, which centers on Kong and his protectors attempting to find his true home. Along the way, Kong bonds with a young orphan named Jia, and the group ultimately finds themselves in the path of an angry Godzilla as he cuts a swath of destruction across the world.
Godzilla vs. Kong hails from director Adam Wingard, known for Netflix’s Death Note and horror projects You’re Next and The Guest. It stars Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall and Kyle Chandler.
Godzilla vs. Kong will be released on March 26, where it will hit theaters and HBO Max simultaneously as Warner Bros.’ deal for day-and-date releases for its 2021 slate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day