- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for Matthew Vaughn‘s Kingsman: The Secret Service has been released, giving audiences a chance to see Colin Firth try to bring his nephew into the family business of being a British super-spy.
Adapted from the Mark Millar-written comic series The Secret Service (illustrated by Watchmen‘s Dave Gibbons), the movie follows Firth’s character’s attempts to convince both his nephew, played by Taron Egerton, and his employers that the nephew has what it takes to defend Queen and Country.
Firth is joined in the movie by a host of familiar faces, including Michael Caine, Mark Strong and Samuel L. Jackson, with the latter playing the villain of the piece.
Part-Attack the Block, part-superhero origin story, Kingsman reunites the Kick-Ass team of Vaughn, Millar and screenwriter Jane Goldman. Will it have the same pop cultural impact of that outing? Watch the trailer below and judge for yourself.
Kingsman: The Secret Service will be released October 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day