- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aaron Paul is looking broken, but not bad at all, in this first image from The H Collective’s The Parts You Lose.
In the thriller from director Christopher Cantwell that Blue Fox Entertainment is selling at AFM, Paul plays a fugitive criminal who forms an unlikely bond with a deaf boy Wesley (Danny Murphy) when he takes refuge in an abandoned barn on the boy’s family’s farm. But after forming a bond with the man, and with authorities closing in, Wesley must decide where his allegiances lie.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Scoot McNairy co-star as the boy’s parents. Cantwell created the AMC series Halt and Catch Fire, which starred McNairy, and directed Parts You Lose from a script by Darren Lemke (Goosebumps, Turbo).
Parts You Lose was first announced in Cannes in 2015 with Dutch director Paula van der Oest (Zus & Zo) and actress Carice van Houten attached, but shifts in director and cast, as well as production delays, meant it didn’t shoot until this year in Winnipeg, Canada.
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s Nov. 1 daily issue at the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Publishing Group
Zurich Film Festival