- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Michael Fassbender looks appropriately deadly in the first glimpse of his character from the upcoming movie adaptation of the hit video game franchise Assassin’s Creed.
The X-Men: Days of Future Past and Prometheus star plays Callum Lynch, a new character created especially for the movie, who discovers that he is a descendant of a secret society of assassins. He carries genetic memories of his 15th century ancestor that will allow him to master the skills necessary to take on the contemporary Knights Templar.
Yahoo Movies premiered the image from the Justin Kurzel-directed movie, which starts shooting next week. In addition to Fassbender, the movie features Michael Kenneth Williams and Marion Cotillard. The movie will be released Dec. 21, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Helen Mirren Brings Environmental Message to Italy’s Ora! Festival and Warns: “Misogyny Is Always Lurking”
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’ Review: Seventh Installment Is Comfort Food for Fans
Adam Devine and Pierce Brosnan Team Up After a Bank Robbery in Netflix’s ‘The Out-Laws’ Trailer
The Little Mermaid
Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Gets Doused in China, South Korea After Racist Backlash