- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first image from upcoming World War II thriller Anthropoid has been revealed, showing its leads, Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy, as two allied soldiers on the hunt for a ruthless Nazi general.
The film, currently shooting in the Czech Republic, tells the true story of the operation to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich, one of the top-ranking right-hand men to Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler.
Toby Jones (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Bill Milner (X-Men: First Class), Alena Mihulova and Sam Keeley, soon to be seen alongside Dornan in Netflix’s Jadotville, join the cast, which also includes Charlotte Le Bon (Yves Saint Laurent) and Anna Geislerova (Something Like Happiness).
“This has been a 14-year journey to get Anthropoid to the screen,” said Sean Ellis (Metro Manila), the BAFTA-nominated director who is helming and acting as cinematographer on the feature, working from a script he co-wrote with Anthony Frewin (Color Me Kubrick: A True…ish Story). “I’m incredibly proud and happy to finally tell this important story about Czech resistance during World War II.”
Anthropoid is being produced by LD Entertainment. ICM Partners packaged the film and will be handling sales in North America with UTA, while London-based Altitude is managing international sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day