- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From the looks of this first poster, the characters in Michael Bay‘s next film are going to be fueled by protein shakes, and lots of them.
With Pain and Gain, Bay is leaving the Transformers universe behind (for now) and muscling his way into Florida’s underbelly. The poster is simple, little more than a massive arm gracing the label of a protein powder bucket. The simplicity makes sense, considering this is supposed to be a smaller-scale project, at least compared to the Transformers films.
The Paramount Pictures film, starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson, is based upon a series of articles published in the Miami New Times, which chronicled the exploits of Florida body builders who eventually found themselves involved in some shady dealings.
In the film version, the protagonists will reportedly get wrapped up in some sort of kidnapping scheme.
Pain and Gain is slated for an April 26, 2013 release. Other stars set to have roles include Ed Harris, Anthony Mackie, Rob Corddry and Ken Jeong.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Silent Twins