- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Lars von Trier has released the first still from his hotly-anticipated Nymphomaniac, the two-part sexual epic starring an all-star cast including Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgard, Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and Jamie Bell.
The picture shows Gainsbourg, who plays Jo, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac of the film’s title, lying unconscious in an alley. The film begins when an older bachelor Seligman (Skarsgard) finds Jo and takes her back to his home, where she tells him the story of her sexual history. Nymphomaniac will be released as two full-length feature films in both soft and hardcore versions.
Von Trier has completed shooting Nymphomaniac and sales agent TrustNordisk has pre-sold the project to multiple territories including the U.K. (Artificial Eye), Germany (Concorde) and France (Les Films du Losange). Trust will continue sales on the film at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day