- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twentieth Century Fox’s Imagine Agents is getting more real.
Richie Keen, who directed the Ice Cube-Charlie Day comedy Fist Fight, has come aboard to helm the project that adapts the Boom! Studios comic.
At the same time, Shawn Levy, the director-producer behind Stranger Things and the Night at the Museum movies, has joined the project as a producer while his 21 Laps Entertainment cohort Dan Cohen joins as exec producer.
Michael Keaton, Michael Sugar, and Boom!’s Ross Richie are also producing while Stephen Christy and Ashley Zalta are exec producing. Adam Yoelin is co-producing and overseeing the project for Boom!
The comic, published in 2013, was created by writer Brian Joines and artist Bachan. Simon Rich wrote the most recent draft of the screenplay.
Keen is one of the resident director on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia who has also directed epsiodes of The Mick, The Goldbergs and Disjointed. He also co-created the early digital series Aim High. Keen made his feature directorial debut with Fist Fight, which was released in February, and now has several other projects set up, including the Will Smith action-comedy Monster Hunter at Columbia.
He is repped by CAA, Lonestar Entertainment and attorney Adam Kaller.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Cannes Film Festival