- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal picked up the project in a bidding war in July, plunking down seven figures on the pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O’Brien.
The story sees Rogen as a regular family man who lives near an alpha-male fraternity house and has to contend with a frat member (Efron) whose raucous behavior wreaks havoc on his life.
Rogen and his Point Grey Pictures partner Evan Goldberg are producing. James Weaver, Cohen and O’Brien are exec producing.
Stoller, considered part of the Judd Apatow crew, seems to have made Universal his home in recent years. He also directed Get Him to the Greek and Forgetting Sarah Marshall for the studio. He first worked with Rogen when the latter co-starred on the short-lived Fox series Undeclared and Stoller wrote a trio of episodes.
He is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day