- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The DC cinematic universe just added another young star.
Kiersey Clemons will join Ezra Miller in The Flash, where she will play Iris West, the go-getter journalist friend of Flash’s alter-ego Barry Allen.
The superhero stand-alone will be a reunion for Clemons and director Rick Famuyiwa, who took over directorial duties from Seth Grahame-Smith. Clemons and Famuyiwa worked together on the 2015 Sundance standout Dope, where she starred as a lesbian tomboy drummer.
Following her breakout performance in Dope, the 22-year-old actress is proving to be one of Hollywood’s in-demand up-and-comers.
Clemons just appeared in Universal’s comedy sequel Neighbors 2 and recently was cast in Columbia’s sci-fi thriller remake Flatliners. She also has a recurring role on Amazon’s Transparent. Clemons is repped by UTA, MJMG and Mach 1 Management.
Audiences got their first taste of Miller’s Barry Allen on Saturday when Warner Bros. released a Justice League teaser trailer during its Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day