- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After the opening of Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of Ernie Cline’s best-seller Ready Player One, the translation of another Cline novel is getting some traction.
Dan Mazeau has been tapped to pen the script for Armada, Cline’s 2015 novel that told of a teen video game champion who discovers that the game he’s mastered was created to recruit pilots to stop an alien invasion.
Random House and Universal picked up the book and film rights, respectively, based on a 20-page proposal from Cline in 2012.
Dan Farah, who was a producer on Cline’s Ready Player One, and Dylan Clark (Planet of the Apes) are producing through their Farah Films and Dylan Clark Productions banners, respectively.
Mazeau worked on 2012’s Wrath of the Titans and pens scripts that have their feet in the fanboy world. He worked on the Warner Bros.’ Flash movie project when it was titled Flashpoint, as well as Johnny Quest, based on the cartoon series. He also wrote the Black List script Section 6, the origin of British intelligence agency MI6.
Mazeau is repped by CAA and Circle of Confusion.