- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Focus Features and Participant Media are in negotiations to acquire the untitled drama project written by Matt Damon and John Krasinski. Damon was originally planning to direct the film at Warner Bros., where he has a production deal, but he had to move on over scheduling difficulties. Gus Van Sant then came aboard to helm.
PHOTOS: ‘We Bought a Zoo’ Premiere Red Carpet Arrivals: Matt Damon, Cameron Crowe, Scarlett Johansson, Elle Fanning
Damon and Krasinski plan to star in the story of a salesman whose life is changed after he enters a small town. Dave Eggers was the original writer on the project, which Damon, Krasinski and Chris Moore are producing. Filming is expected to begin in the spring.
Focus most recently released Jane Eyre, Hanna, One Day and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The specialty division just picked up the comedy For a Good Time, Call… at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day