- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Focus Features has promoted Kiska Higgs to president of production and acquisitions.
In her new role, Higgs will oversee development, production and acquisitions for domestic and international titles as the studio grows its slate. She most recently served at Focus as executive vp production and acquisitions, having been in the Universal family for 15 years and joined the studio’s management team in 2016.
“I’ve had the good fortune of working with Kiska for ten years, during which time her great taste, strong relationships, and insights into the marketplace and the culture have been a not-so-secret weapon for Universal and then Focus,” Focus Features chairman Peter Kujawski said in a statement.
Higgs will continue to work from Focus Features headquarters in Los Angeles.
“Over the past five years, it’s been a privilege to continue building Focus into a home for filmmakers at NBCUniversal, a company I’ve called my own home for more than fifteen years,” said Higgs in her own statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day