- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The U.S. rights to Puerto Ricans in Paris have been acquired by Focus World, the multi-platform distribution initiative that is owned and operated by Focus Features.
How to Make It in America creator Ian Edelman directed the script that he co-wrote with Neel Shah. Joseph Zolfo acted as producer.
The buddy comedy follows two Puerto Rican brothers-in-law who are also the best counterfeit detectives in NYC. Their job takes them to Paris, where their clashing sleuthing styles and personality traits come to the forefront. The film had its world premiere at the 2015 LA Film Fest.
Puerto Ricans in Paris stars Luis Guzman, Edgar Garcia, Rosario Dawson and Rosie Perez.
“We set out to make a film that was fast and fun, centered around characters audiences could relate to and root for,” said Edelman and Zolfo. “Focus World immediately got our vision and has exciting ideas on how to launch the film.”
The deal was negotiated by UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day