- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Daniel Fleetwood passed away at the age of 32, his wife announced on her Facebook page. Before he died, Fleetwood was granted his wish to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens early.
“Daniel put up an amazing fight to the very end. He is now one with God and with the force,” his wife, Ashley, wrote in a Facebook post. “He passed in his sleep and in peace. He will always be my idol and my hero.”
The Star Wars fan, who died after his battle with spindle cell sarcoma, saw an unedited cut of the film following a social media campaign called #ForceForDaniel. He had been given two months to live in July.
Director J.J. Abrams called Daniel and Ashley to tell them he was sending a copy of the film. On Thursday, Ashley announced the couple had seen the movie and thanked everyone who helped grant Daniel his dying wish.
#ForceForDaniel glad you got to see the movie more importantly that you slept in peace. God bless you man x x you inspire me xx
— John Boyega (@JohnBoyega) November 10, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day