- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie, Mike Epps and Sanaa Lathan are starring in Vipaka, a psychological voodoo horror movie that Philippe Caland is?directing.
Written by Shin Shimosawa, the story follows a severely disturbed contractor?(Whitaker) seeks help from a life coach (Mackie). What begins as an honest?therapy session becomes a twisted and dangerous psychological game, when he?abducts the life coach and uses his spiritual messages to terrorize him and?his family.??
Lathan is Mackie’s wife while Epps is his brother.??
Production begins this week in New Orleans.??
Whittaker and Nina Yang are producing through the duo’s Significant Pictures??Caland wrote and directed Whitaker’s 2007 thriller Ripple Effect and?co-wrote Boxing Helena.??
Shimosawa, a co-producer on The Grudge movies, co-wrote the 2008 horror?movie The Echo and is a staff writer on the Sarah Michelle Gellar show The?Ringer.??
WME-repped Whitaker, who won an Oscar for his performance in 2007’s Last?King of Scotland, last starred in TV’s Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior,?where he worked with Shimosawa.??
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day