- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fortissimo said Fugard has joined the Hong Kong- and Amsterdam-based company following a year of providing external consultancy services.
“Berenice has a long history of being involved with quality cinema that has resulted in so many commercial and artistic hits,” said Fortissimo chairman Michael Warner. “Our collaboration with her over the past year has been great and we are thrilled that she is joining us full time to oversee and head-up our acquisition activities.”
While at StudioCanal, Fugard led acquisitions for such films as Searching for Sugar Man, Rush and The Place Beyond the Pines. Prior to this, she worked in the acquisitions department at Pathe in London, handling titles such as The Blair Witch Project, Resident Evil and Crash.
Fugard will work between Fortissimo’s Amsterdam office and France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Silent Twins