- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox 2000 has scooped up upcoming photo book What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night one week ahead of the book’s release.
It all started when parents Refe and Susan Tuma wanted to find a way to entertain their four children. Every night in November, they began staging their kids’ toy dinosaurs in elaborate scenes in their home, wrecking bathrooms, destroying vases and encountering terrifying hot irons. The kids could then imagine what kind in trouble their toys got into when they came alive at night.
The Tumas then began cataloging their dinosaurs’ antics in 2012 on Facebook and earned a cult following. The site, Dinovember, now has more than 269,000 fans. The hardcover book will hit stores on Oct. 28, 2014, via Little, Brown and Company.
Sources say Fox 2000 envisions a hybrid family film based on the book about toys come to life. Karen Rosenfelt is attached as a producer, and Erin Siminoff and Nikki Ramey are overseeing for Fox 2000. ICM Partners repped the book in the deal.
The animated Toy Story films brought to life this idea of children’s toys running wild while their owners slept and launched an extremely successful franchise, with box-office earning reaching nearly $2 billion worldwide for the three films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day