- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox Animation has acquired the movie rights to children’s book The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by first-time author Christopher Healy.
Chernin Entertainment, which produced Rise of the Planet of the Apes, is attached to produce.
The book, which hits shelves May 1, tells the story of the four princes from the classic fairy tales who saved Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty.
In the tome, the princes’ due is glossed over by various minstrels, but the four young men — cast out of their respective castles — get a shot at redemption and glory when they uncover a plot that could destroy the kingdoms.
The 432-page novel from Walden Pond Press/HarperCollins Children’s Books, is the first from Healy, who was a children’s entertainment reviewer as well as a haunted house zombie actor before writing Saving Your Kingdom.
Healy is repped by Hotchkiss and Associates and Jill Grinberg Literary Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day