- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s been a Bigfoot sighting at Fox Animation.
Then studio has picked up the rights to Jennifer Weiner’s children’s book The Littlest Bigfoot. Chris Bender, formerly of production-management firm Benderspink, will produce with Jake Weiner under their Good Fear Films production banner.
The Littlest Bigfoot follows two 12-year-old girls — one human, the other a Bigfoot — both outsiders in their respective worlds.
The book is the first in a trilogy, with the second installment, Little Bigfoot, Big City, coming November 2017. Fox 2000 previously produced the movie version of Weiner’s In Her Shoes novel.
This is the second pickup for Fox Animation in as many days. The children’s book Zita the Spacegirl was picked up by the studio, with Chernin Entertainment attached to produce.
Good Fear is currently prepping the Dakota Johnson-starrer Under the Silver Lake and is in development on a live-action Mulan and an adaptation of the YA novel The Red Queen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day