- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has preemptively picked up the spec script Ascension by newcomer Shannon Triplet.
The intent is to have Matthew Vaughn to produce via his MARV Films banner although no deal has been made on that front, sources say.
The deal went down over the weekend and is said to be in the mid to high six figures.
Plot details were being kept close to the ground but sources said it is a disaster movie set in a world that is slowly losing gravity. The spec went out with an image depicting the world of the film.
Vaughn is a filmmaker favorite at Fox having directed X-Men: First Class and made Kingsman: The Secret Service, a global hit, which the studio distributed. He is currently developing Flash Gordon, which is he is producing with John Davis and King Features.
Triplett was an assistant visual FX coordinator on Battleship and worked on Godzilla as an associate producer before hitting the keyboard.
Triplet is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day