- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of this week’s release of the first trailer for next year’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, 20th Century Fox has released a 12-second teaser of what lies ahead in our primate-led future — but don’t expect too many spoilers.
All that we actually learn from the teaser is that someone wants to speak to Caesar, the ape that led the uprising in the previous installment of the rebooted franchise. Unfortunately, given that all we see is the text of the dialogue appearing on screen against a backdrop of a forest — presumably the Marin Headlands that the apes disappeared into at the end of 2011’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes — we don’t even get a hint of just who that person is, never mind why they want to speak to him.
More, if not quite “all,” can be expected to be revealed when the full trailer is released this Wednesday, Dec. 18. For now, here’s the tiniest glimpse of what to expect:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sir Anthony Hopkins