- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Dunn is being tapped to write Rosa, 20th Century Fox’s sci-fi project based on an animated short from Jesus Orellana.
Orellana is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by Simon Kinberg as well as Raymond Brothers and Scott Glassgold of IAM Entertainment.
Rosa, which made waves when it played at several film festivals last year, is described as “an epic sci-fi short film that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where all natural life has disappeared. From the destruction awakes Rosa, a cyborg deployed from the Kernel project, mankind’s last attempt to restore the earth’s ecosystem. Rosa will soon learn that she is not the only entity that has awakened and must fight for her survival.”
Orellana, a comic book artist, made the short from his home computer in Barcelona, with the intent of directing a full-length feature.
Aditya Sood is overseeing for Kinberg’s Genre Films.
Dunn, repped by WME and the Safran Co., made waves when his sci-fi spec Ion was optioned in 2010 by Ridley Scott’s Scott Free production company with Channing Tatum attached to star. He comes to Rosa via Fox’s writing program.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day