- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Written by Maxine Swann, the piece ran in the Sunday magazine March 10.
Described as a modern take on Lolita, the story follows Paul Frampton, a divorced theoretical particle physicist, who meets Denise Milani, a Czech bikini model, on the online dating site Mate1.com. Milani’s pictures on the site show a dark-haired, dark-eyed beauty with a supposedly natural DDD breast size. The two begin to correspond and plan their perfect life together, but first, the woman asks the British professor if he would deliver a special package to her, setting him on a course of danger.
Searchlight and the producers are now looking for a writer to adapt.
Film Rites has its first-look deal at Fox and has a number of projects set up with the studio’s various labels including the Adrian Lyne-helmed thriller Deep Water at Fox 2000 and the dystopic thriller Wool at 20th Century Fox.
Swann is the author of the novels The Foreigners and Flower Children.
ICM Partners repped The New York Times in the dealmaking. Zaillian and Basch were repped by WME.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day