- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twentieth Century Fox has set Noam Murro to direct the fifth installment in the Die Hard action franchise. Bruce Willis will return in the title role.
It’s a bold choice. Murro is an acclaimed commercials director who has been nominated five times for the DGA’s director of the year award, and won once. He also has won the Gold Lion at the Cannes Gold Lions awards.
Murro’s sole feature directing credit is Smart People, from Miramax.
Skip Woods will write the script for the untitled Die Hard pic. Woods is no stranger on the Fox lot, having co-written the scripts for X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The A-Team.
In 2007, Fox successfully relaunched the Die Hard series with Live Free or Die Hard. Pic grossed $134.5 million domestically and $249 million overseas for a global total of $383.5 million.
Murro is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day