- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To promote the release — which is now available on Digital HD and comes to Blu-Ray and DVD on April 15 — Fox and Google Glass teamed up with YouTube personality iJustine, who will travel to Reykjavik, Iceland (a key location in Walter Mitty), as the subject of a crowd-sourced, socially driven adventure that she will document with Google Glass.
“Partnering with Google Glass and YouTube sensation iJustine to capture Mitty’s real-life adventures across the stunning landscape of Iceland allows fans everywhere to be a part of this unique journey and experience it in real-time,” said Mary Daily, president of worldwide marketing and CMO at Fox Home Entertainment.
From April 8-15, followers can vote on what activity they’d like to see iJustine do that day (via#ProjectMitty), such as ice-climbing on Solheimajokull Glacier or helicoptering over the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. These experiences will be documented on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Walter Mitty earned $185 million worldwide at the box office.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day