- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Frances O’Connor has joined Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson to co-star in The Conjuring 2, New Line’s sequel to its massive 2013 horror hit.
The new movie is reuniting many of the creative elements of the original movie. James Wan, coming off of Furious 7, returns as director and producer along with Peter Safran and Rob Cowan.
Farmiga and Wilson are reprising their roles of real-life paranormal investigating couple Lorraine and Ed Warren. O’Connor will play the mother of a girl who is experiencing a haunting and desperate for help.
The Conjuring 2 is due to begin production later in September. Wan wrote the screenplay with Chad and Carey Hayes, with revisions by David Leslie Johnson.
Richard Brener, Walter Hamada and Dave Neustadter will oversee for New Line.
O’Connor is the British actress who recently co-starred in television shows The Missing and Mr. Selfridge. She is repped by UTA, Wishlab and UK’s ARG.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Publishing Group
Zurich Film Festival