- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran moviemaker Frank Marshall is in negotiations to produce Assassin’s Creed, New Regency and Ubisoft Motion Pictures’ big-screen take on the popular Ubisoft video game that has Michael Fassbender attached to star.
The talks are happening as Basil Iwanyk closed his deal to act as a producer on another Regency-Ubisoft partnership, the adaptation of Ubisoft’s Splinter Cell.
Mike Lesslie has written the script, and Ubisoft’s Eli Richbourg, Fassbender and his partner Connor McCaughan are producing.
Marshall would join the team, bringing decades of film experience, especially of the blockbuster variety.
Marshall’s impressive producing credits range from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Poltergeist to the recent Matt Damon Bourne trilogy. He is currently working on Jurassic Park 4.
On Tuesday, Ubisoft also set up Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon at Warner Bros. with Michael Bay attached to produce and possibly direct, depending on scheduling and the script.
Assassin’s Creed centers on the adventures of a bartender who finds out he comes from a secret and historic line of assassins. He is captured by a corporation that forces him to hunt down historic artifacts using a device that brings forward the memories and skills of his ancestors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day