- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The days until the case for same sex marriage hit the Supreme Court were full of nerves, doubt and drive, as seen in The Hollywood Reporter‘s exclusive clip of Freedom to Marry.
Directed by Eddie Rosenstein, the documentary follows the behind-the-scenes story of the historic civil rights movement and the campaign to win same sex marriage throughout the United States.
“I wish I had tons of time to prepare for this,” says civil rights attorney Mary Bonauto in the clip. “I appreciate people saying to me, ‘Mary, you’ve been doing this for 20 years, you’ve got this.’ That’s true, but I don’t think this is in the bag. I think we’re gonna have to fight to win.”
The film shares the stories of the movement’s key players, including Bonauto and Evan Wolfson, the man known as architect of the movement, and their colleagues as they wage their climactic battle before the United States Supreme Court.
Freedom to Marry will be playing in 35 cities nationwide, including New York and Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day