- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The winner won’t be known until Saturday morning.
Each film grossed around $6.5 to $7 million, give or take $200,000.
Both should end the long President’s Day weekend with an opening gross in the mid $20s, but need to hold well on Saturday.
It’s possible Unknown could pull an upset and win the weekend crown.
Sony holdover Just Go With It held well in its second Friday and was running ahead of Fox’s Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, the third new film of the weekend.
Just Go With It grossed north of $5 million; Big Mommas, just shy of $5 million, according to preliminary estimates.
Just Go With It will likely beat Big Mommas for the weekend, however, and gross $22 million or $23 million.
Paramount’s Justin Bieber: Never Say Never fell more than 68 percent to roughly $4.1 million. Pic should still see a decent second weekend gross.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day